Oakville Academy of Music Reopening Plan
As you know Halton Region is moving into Stage 3 of the Ontario Business reopening plan. This means that all remaining businesses in Ontario may reopen with guidelines and safety measures in place. Oakville Academy of Music will reopen for in person music lessons on August 1, 2020.
We will not be forcing any teachers or students to return to the music school. We know that many of you are eager to return however many are just not ready. We respect and care for our students and teachers and want everyone to feel as comfortable as possible as we reopen the Academy. We have made several operational changes to ensure this for everyone entering the school . Note: Please check with the office to see if your teacher will be in the studio.
For everyone’s safety and comfort voice, saxophone, clarinet, flute lessons, and group make up classes will remain on-line until it’s safe to return.
- All students have the option to come in for lessons or stay online. You may choose from week to week.
- Masks (face coverings) will be mandatory for all teachers, students, and office staff when in the building. We have disposable masks available in case someone forgets theirs.
NOTE: We are following the Halton mandatory mask bylaw.
“Wearing a non-medical mask or face covering in certain enclosed public places is an additional measure we can all take to keep each other safe. I also encourage everyone to wear a mask in all scenarios where physical distancing is a challenge and to remember that wearing a mask does not replace other important health measures such as frequent hand washing, physically distancing with those outside your social circle and staying home when you are sick.”Dr. Hamidah Meghani, Medical Officer of Health.
Please visit the Halton Region website for more info here: https://www.halton.ca/The-Region/News/2020/Halton-Regional-Council-adopts-mandatory-mask-by-l
- 2 new touch free hand sanitizer dispensers will be installed. One just inside the door and one near the hallway.
- HEPA 13 air purifiers in every room.
- All high touch surfaces will be sanitized every 30 minutes. Outside the teaching rooms will be done by the office staff and inside the rooms will be done by the teachers . This includes but is not limited to piano keys, drums, amplifiers, chairs, music stands, door knobs, etc.
- We have changed the desk location to provide more space in the lobby for social distancing.
- There will be reminder signs posted throughout the school to remind everyone to pay attention and be respectful of each other’s space.
- We have removed all the chairs from the lobby. Parents are asked to drop their children off and wait in the car until the lesson is over. If you need assistance we would prefer you call/text/email/or FB message. We are still here to help 7 days a week!
- Distancing strips on floor, students must wait for their teacher to call them, and only one person at a time through corridors.
- Washrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and stocked twice a day and checked on every hour and kept up when necessary.
- Lessons for voice, saxophone, clarinet, flute, and group make up classes will continue online until it is safe to offer them in person.
- “Touch free”registration and re-registration process has been implemented.
A PERSONAL NOTE:
It has been a challenging time for all of us. Many businesses have been hit hard and continue to struggle. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have had an online option available to “keep the music going”! Although online lesson can work we have learned that they pale in comparison to a real live music lesson experience. We truly appreciate the support that you have given us throughout this pandemic. As we slowly return to live music lessons we want you to know that we will do everything we can to keep your family and ours safe and healthy. Online lessons will always be available to you as an option if you are sick or for any other reason that might stop you from coming in to the school.
Thank you again for your continued support!
James, Jenn, Tanya, Alexa, Judith, Erin, and all of our amazing teachers.