Are you Ready to Rock? We Are Too!
After a few years of Covid break the Rock/Pop Band program is returning to the Academy of Music! Since 1994 the Academy has engaged their students in a full band setting with weekly rehearsals and regular performance opportunities. Rock/Pop Band is directly tied to our private lesson programs and allows students to apply their learning with other students in a really cool ensemble.
Our band program will run in 3 sessions per year. Each session will end with a live concert or competition. The Rock/Pop band program is open to ALL students and is not limited by age or length of time in lessons.
Our Rock/Pop Band program includes:
- 1 hour practices once a week
- 10 week sessions
- Guidance from our senior Rock Band teachers
- Customized song selection based on the students’ interest
(teacher approval required)
- Performances at recitals or clubs/restaurants.
- Oakville and Burlington band rehearsals will at the Burlington Academy of Music. 1234 Advance Rd Burlington.
- Brampton and Georgetown band rehearsals will at the Academy of Music in Georgetown. 360 Guelph St Georgetown
- Oakville/Burlington rehearsals begin on Sunday February 11, 2024
- Brampton/Georgetown rehearsals begin on Saturday February 10, 2024
- Performance will be the 3rd week of April (TBD)
- Fee is $279 (includes rehearsals and final concert)
- Bands will be arranged by approximate age, level, and instrument
(All Instruments are Welcome and Encouraged!)
- Maximum of 6 members per band so space will be limited
- Students must be enrolled in private lessons for the duration of the Rock/Pop Band session.
How do I sign up?
Contact the Academy today. Band spots are first come first serve.
THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!!