NewsletterMusic Lesson Update January 3, 2022
Covid-19 Update January 4, 2022
The Ontario Government has announced that they will return to a modified stage 2 of their pandemic plan. This requires that all businesses must allow employees to work from home unless the nature of the business does not allow for it. Music lessons can be taught online.
From the Ontario Government website:
“Businesses that provide in-person teaching or instruction (such as cooking classes, music classes) must operate under the following conditions:
- indoor areas closed, except for organizations that provide health and safety training (with conditions)
- outdoor areas open with restrictions in place, such as physical distancing”
As of Wednesday January 5, 2022 the Academy of Music in Oakville, Burlington, and Georgetown will go entirely online. We hope that we can reopen when the public schools reopen (January 17th is the proposed date)
We have been through this a few times since March 2020. We are well prepared and we already have a very easy to use system in place.
How To Access our lessons online:
- Visit https://zoom.us/j/9058451227
- Click “launch meeting” when prompted
- Input the password “music” without quotes
- This will take you to our Zoom lobby where the office staff will be there to greet you and put you in your teachers room.
- It’s That Easy!
We do understand that online lessons may be challenging for some families. Unfortunately we cannot hold your lesson time if you choose not to continue. We must release the lesson spots to new students and the waitlist.
It is our promise to continue providing a great music lesson experience and genuinely appreciate your loyalty to the Academy of Music. We know this is a temporary situation and look forward to seeing you all again in person soon.
All of us at the Academy of Music!